Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lumiere Durham 2011

Wow oh Wow! That's all I can say about the Lumiere light festival .... yes it was busy and yes we had to be herded in crowds around the city, especially up the narrow streets to the Cathedral, but generally, folks were chatty and happy and patient and it was so worth it. The city has been buzzing with a real feel good factor over the last four days...

Go here to see some of what I've seen over the last three nights in Durham...

We had a fabulous weekend, our dear friends Dave and Jayne came to stay and they have just left so I thought I'd do a quick post - I haven't downloaded the photos from my camera yet so I hope I've got some images as good as these :)

Its the last night of the show and we have enjoyed it so much we are going to brave the crowds and go to see the Crown of Light show at the Cathedral again - spectacular - if you get chance to go when the event comes here again (as I'm sure it will!) don't miss it!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh Sandra that's absolutely spectacular, I'm not surprised you're venturing out again to enjoy this spectacle it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just taken a look at the photos, absolutely stunning. You are so lucky to see that, certainly has the WOW factor.
    Missed you today at AFTH but glad you had a good weekend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a vision Sandy - it must've been amazing in person. Thanks for visiting and your lovely, encouraging comment. pen x

    ReplyDelete