Saturday, July 10, 2010

Bliss!

I'm feeling pretty peaceful today after another play date at AFTH. Lots of art journalers creating pages and chatting together and generally having a good old 'time out' from the mundane everyday stuff we all have to do. Olive even managed to put up with the Country music Dy had on today even though she didn't like it!

Today, Dy set us a challenge - we had to use some dressmaking pattern paper and a paisley swirl stencil - if we managed it, we got to take home some of the dressmaker paper...

So yes - I managed it - evidence!



Although this isn't the page I made - I loaded the 'photos in the wrong order!

This one is in my A4 journal...





Here it is - can you spot the dressmaking paper? Christine brought a bag full for Dyan- we loved it - some of the patterns had her name on - she has had them since she was a school girl - how amazing is that...just goes to show, all that stuff we all hoard does eventually come in useful for something!

I shall still add to this page but I like it already, Mrs Blackett is very bemused about her hat....



And then I just used the altered original spray inks to start this background - aren't the colours just gorgeous?



Right, I'm off to mess around a bit more...

12 comments:

  1. Hello!! Running about like a madwoman getting packed for out hols - no mean feat!! But I'm glad I took 5 minutes out to finally catch up on you blog!! You are creating some fabulous pages, honestly - I'm SO impressed. Cannot wait to get back to AFTH soon and see you!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the colours. Both pages are beautiful, just think Dy's sprays are the best. x C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendiferous pages Sandra and what forethought to take pics as you are progressing, had my camera with me but forgot to use it, ah well.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning pages, as always. The colours are so vibrant, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky being near AFtH - your pages are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Georgeous! Georgeous! Georgeous! Your pages are just stunning, and Dy's new spray inks so rich and vibrant. It was the fiirst time I had used them and they are a must have for those of us who love to journal :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wish i could have gone too!! fab pages and so jealous you got dressmaking papers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOh lovely journal pages. And I was lucky enough to see them in the flesh, so to speak! Very nice to see you yesterday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great being with you at AFTH, LOVE the pages Sandra, colours are brilliant as are you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, those pages look so wonderful and so interesting! Love those colours, too - darn! So you met Olive, too, lol? I know her well from the shop and from stamp clubs. She's a card :D Must get to Dy's one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful pages - I'm new to all this so just blog-hopping gobbling up all the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo WOW amazing pages Sandy!
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete