Monday, February 1, 2010

Carry on Challenge!

I don't think I've ever posted so frequently! (JaneyB you'll have some catching up to do!)

I stayed up into the night getting my February page to the 'ready to write' stage - it took longer than I thought it would sticking those blocks in position! but my determination to complete things is strong (plus this challenge is FUN! and I WANTED to play!) Even though my eyelids feel rather heavy this morning!

And you know, once you start playing, you can't stop! I had already painted the page, it just need some background stamping. Eventually I decided to use a Paperartsy mini cog stamp and the mini collage stamp. I stamped the title with a grungy Magenta alphabet set again and Glossy Accented it. Then I added a few watch cog parts over some of the stamped cogs.

I haven't added all the numbers yet - just the 9th as that's our youngest daughter's birthday... I know we will be spending the day with her in York (where I'm sure she will be filling us in on the latest plans for her wedding which is 14 months away!)


I know I'll titivate some more - I've got '2010' to add and the days of the week too... and I'm sure other bits and pieces will creep on there too! Going for a little blog hop to see what the other's have created....TTFN!

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pages Sandra. You're right it does take ages getting those little blocks just right! Hope you have a fun month. Enjoy York. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page Sandra. Love the colours it's really vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra

    It's absolutely gorgeous! As always! Loving all the extra bits on there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pages Sandra. January looks great, and February is fab too. I'm nowhere near ready, and it's the 1st today - yikes, behind already!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeez girly, are you on drugs.? mwah.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the colours you've used for your page and your February title. It does take time to stick the blocks doesn't it! Look forward to seeing your completed page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have gotta be kidding me (again!) Sandral. The last time i followed your blog it was the day you posted about your Aunty. It's not Aunty Glad is it? It's very sad. So incredibly sad. I couldn't leave a comment - I sometimes feel I could write a book about the ache the relatives feel for the person who is sitting right in front of them, yet is missing in action in some far away place. Anyway, that's not why I'm leaving a message. i laughed out loud when I read your top message because yes, I do have some catching up to do. I must have been out of the country for months since you have been a binge blogger again!

    Love to read what you are up to - Feb's looking good girl.

    Love to your clan, from mine. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on February! I like the black you used for the number, it stands out nicely.

    Thanks for your comments, yes, I have read the Narnia series, so I know what you are saying. :)
    I truly want God reflected in my work, and he is most definately speaks to me through it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Oh OH!!! Your February pages look FABULOUS!!! I love those colors and all the stripey squares : )) YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. February looks great Sandra, love the papers & stamps you've used! x

    ReplyDelete