Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Art Journal Pages I forgot to post yesterday!

Here are the journal pages I made over the weekend... Dy had us pull a coloured card out of a basket with a word on it. We could do anything we liked using that colour and word prompt.
I picked the colour black and the word sensual. My first thought was making love...I blushed at that because my intimate life is private and I didn't feel I wanted to share it - plus, this was the first page I'd made in front of anybody!!! But I went with it and I'm being brave letting you see it even though it is pretty tame!


Then we had a go at 'ghosting' .....writing out something private - I was the last to finish, I wrote so much! then we painted over the words with gesso, dried that layer and applied colour using crayon in a random fashion. Next we applied a wash of water over that - you can't see on this photo, but it gave lovely pastel shades and the words, although slightly visible are indecipherable (is that how you spell THAT!)



This next one because it's a special part of my communion with God...


We all had to choose an image and then pulled a name out of a hat and gave the image to that person and they had to use it on a journal page... Michelle chose this image and my name was pulled out of the hat....I felt a bit under pressure, because I like to think about what I might do and that takes time, but I came up with this....


I started this page but added the stamped words and doodled edges at home...I shall probably tweak all of them at some point, because I can't tell when they're finished!


And this is my art calendar so far for Kate's 365 challenge....



Andy and I have just spent the day in York with our youngest daughter, it's her birthday today. typical me, I forgot the camera!

11 comments:

  1. Sandy your pages are stunning - Not sure Im brave enough to share on my blog Bee, Emma, Michelle and I have decided to start a private blog for our journal pages so we can share with each other but not the whole world - Maybe we will get braver in a while LOL x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time at AFTH Sandra... I just wish I could have been there too..xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your pages Sandra, especially the Eyes Have It...you are very brave sharing the Sensual one - I'm glad I didn't get it, I would have fainted with embarassment, you were very composed!!! Still have a few photos of your collection of pages, just email if you want me to send it. February looks fab so far, I'm still trying to get my background done - started doing handpainted bits on it and now I wish I hadn't cos it's taking ages! Off to put the 2 wee ones to bed then have a go and getting it done tonight. Hope you had a lovely day in York. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made a brilliant job of your journal pages! I am totally impressed, and envious I wasn't there. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful Journal pages Sandra, it has obviously all clicked into place with you your pages seem to flow mine are still a bit stiff and stilted. I can remember our group doing all of this.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your pages are ALL amazing Sandra. All so different but so gorgeous.
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra. How brave are you showing your pages. I have shown my pages to Andy but that is all so far. Maybe in a little while when I have got into it a bit more.

    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Sandral, you secret sensual sensational woman you! I can just imagine your face when you plucked that one out! Mortification written all over it to those who know you, covered up by that calm exterior that you can whip out of your handbag if necessary! Very very brave - can just imagine Shell's reaction too. Love the eyes page. Incidentally does she throw that one in the pot every time cos me and Joy are on the March weekend?

    I nearly added another comment then but managed to refrain from doing so - you never know who is reading! ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandy
    Wow what great work, love your pages and in fact the whole blog. Great to meet you at our special weekend
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. whey hey you saucy little minx, no wonder you always have a twinkle in your eye..!!!!!
    Was sooooooo lovely to see you, sorry I made you cry all weekend, you just too damm sensitive to others, and thats one of the reasons I love you to death mwah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous pages Sandy, lovely to meet you at the weekend
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete