Monday, September 28, 2009

Here come the Girls!

A friend and I arranged to meet at Meadowhall today. Janice is from Lincoln and we haven't seen each other since March so we had a lot of catching up to do.
We had a coffee at Starbucks and a rather long chat. Then we went shopping....
Initially we had both thought we might get a bit of Christmas shopping done but it was more like "Girls just wanna have fun"!!
Here is Janice in Paperchase "Mirror, mirror on the wall (!!) .....
And then just because Christmas is coming...


Or "How about this saucy little number for my holiday?"
Janice and hubby Cliff are going on the holiday of a lifetime trip in January - New Zealand for 9 weeks!


We had lunch..



After a little (more serious this time) browsing, we stopped for another Starbucks - Janice had a mocha frappuccino - with whip....


I was more angelic and had my usual coffee light, double blended!




Evidence.... see - all I need is a halo!

Joking apart, I had a lovely time. I met Janice about two and a half years ago but we both knew instantly it was a heart connection. It takes effort to keep in touch and lots of things crowd in to steal our time. I'm glad we have telephones and texting and email 'cos they help to narrow the space between us.


No comments:

Post a Comment