Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New Tutor on the Block!

I had a delightful day out at the Craft Den http://www.craftden.co.uk in Malin Bridge today. I met some new people and we had a great time making a tag book. My friend Ann was in teacher mode today and a great job she did too! The project was a "Tags of Texture" book and is the original brain child of Dyan Reaveley http://afth.co.uk/.

We were all quiet to begin with as we studiously followed Ann's instructions but by the time the chocolate biscuits came out (brought by Sandra - another Sandra, not me!) we were loosening up and getting to know each other...... I sat next to Holly who is expecting her fourth child, she revealed that she is a midwife and helps to deliver sex education in schools - I am in awe! how does she find the time to fit all that in and craft too? (staying up until 2am was the answer!)
Sarah, Sandra and Anita sat across from us and we all confessed to a little envy when Sandra told us that her husband had surprised her with vouchers to spend at the Craft Den before going to Hong Kong on a business trip!

We used Laura Ashley papers and stamps, adirondack dabber paints and inks and made lots of mess!
The chocolate biscuits soon disappeared, they were those gorgeous chunky chocolate ones from Marks and Spencers.


As you can see, the book is starting to take shape - it is unfinished as yet so I will give you a peek when its done. all I have to do is bind it, add ribbons and finish a few tags....I'll have to take a leaf out of Holly's book and stay up into the early hours!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra

    You lucky thing doing the class! If I hadn't of been working I'd have been there with you! Ann showed me the template yesterday when I popped in, but year end duties called so couldn't get away! Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to meet you Sandra. Glad you enjoyed your day. Look forward to seeing your finished book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so kind! I was concentrating so hard to start with, forgot to loosen up, eventually I did and thoroughly enjoyed it all. It was a lovely group and everyone said they enjoyed the day and particularly meeting you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was Great to meet & spend the day with you Sandra. Great class, Great new tutor,Great company. Hope to do a class with you again at Craft Den. Love Sandra x Just become one of your followers x

    ReplyDelete